ARR ME HEARTIES, IT BE INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY TODAY
LET US MAKE MANY TALES (i.e. games) ABOUT HOW WE FOUGHT THE GIANT WHALE IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORM AND HOW WE DRUNK MUCH RUM AFTERWARD
YE MAY USE WHATEVER TOOL YOU LIKE BE IT KLIK OR LOVE IT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME
FEEL THE STRONG WAVES OF HEAT FROM IN YOUR PANTALOONS, SWAB THE DECKS AND THEN GET MAKING!
theres two rules
1. you can use whatever the fuck you want to make it and it can be one screen/really short if you want
2. it must be related to the sea/rum/sea shanties in some way
This is a thread to share miscellaneous interesting/inspirational/ineffable/rhinoceros images you happen upon!
This is a game called Kuma Uta. Apparently it's exactly what it looks like.
Missing-texture bug for a "high-def" mod for Half-Life 2, which also seems to inexplicably integrate a "sexxxy Alyx" mod (bringing to fruition what was tragically prophesied in a Gamer's Quarter article a few years back.)
On the other hand, I think this bug is actually kind of gorgeous. Found on Whacked-Out Ultima IX.
I'm glad dess mentioned Bad Hacks recently, because I'd completely forgotten about it. It's hard not to appreciate the sheer dedication of someone who would spend hours and hours inserting dicks and swears into Link's Awakening.
For some reason this image entirely validates the existence of a Fifth Element game for me.
Barkley remains a strong contender for my game of the year.
Used KNPMangler to splice together two of my previous Pirate Kart entries.
No really playable, but wow.
Too many Zubats in Dark Cave!
Collect cherries for a high score!
"A love letter to Hexagon."
Game by Kevin Messman
Music by Andrew Gleeson (Get the OST here!)
Game Design Consultant: Jason Killingsworth
Timer font: Anna Anthropy
Special Thanks: Terry Cavanagh, Eve Sussman, Todd Polenberg
We had a DooM event, so now it's time for a Wolf 3D event! Making maps for Wolf 3D is incredibly easy, so all are encouraged to take part! The plan is to put all the levels together to form a new episode or two, complete with a custom title screen!
So, what do you need?
1. A copy of Wolfenstein 3D. The shareware edition is fine, though the full version will give you more to play with.
2. A way to play Wolfenstein. You can use DOSBox if you wish, but there are also sourceports (I use NewWolf): http://top-sourceports.tsx.nl/wolfenstein-3d.html
3. An editor. I use Havoc's Wolf Editor. It's full-featured, easy to use and even includes built-in documentation and tutorials: http://hwolf3d.dugtrio17.com/index.php?section=hwe
4. If those tutorials are a bit too heady, here is a nice one that gives you the basics of Wolf 3D level design. It's for a different editor, but it's pretty much the same stuff: http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/levels.htm And here is a very in-depth one: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/bunker/bjdesign.htm
5. Inspiration. Ellaguro wrote some great articles about Wolf 3D's level design, which could give you some good ideas. With some imagination, you can make something special in Wolf 3D, despite how limited it appears to be. http://ellaguro.blogspot.com.au/search/label/wolfenstein
And by fight, I mean design levels.
This is a bit of a loose event. A few friends are hoping to have a LIVE JAM on the 25th, but that might not happen. Really, just add levels here and we'll put it together in an episode when we have enough/too many levels! You can even post levels you've previously made that you're proud of. Unless we reach 60 levels. Then we're screwed.
The final collection will likely use the full version of Wolfenstein, we'll just have to cut out all the official levels to avoid any piracy issues.
OH, one more thing. Please export your maps, so that you don't have to upload Wolfenstein 3D with your work. All the map files will be pulled together at the end of the event.
|Glorious Wolfenstein Trainwreck - Springtime||04/15/2013 - 08:17||Cycle||11|
|EPISODE TWO SECRET AREA||03/25/2013 - 22:37||Pizza Time||0|
|Barrels||03/25/2013 - 18:24||fabienporee||0|
|Creepy Pasta||03/25/2013 - 17:59||ShineSyndrome||0|
|My Level||03/25/2013 - 08:26||fabienporee||0|
|Pgilstein map 2||03/24/2013 - 20:05||pgil||0|
|Pgilstein map1||03/24/2013 - 17:12||pgil||0|
|Wolfeinstein 3D||03/24/2013 - 05:43||mutantleg||0|
|Outbreak||03/19/2013 - 01:38||Cycle||0|
|Could be Worse||03/08/2013 - 01:19||Cycle||0|
|Gretel's Grotto||03/08/2013 - 01:12||Cycle||0|
You're a shark! Awesome! Eat ALL the fish!
Controls: Arrow Keys
absolutely the finest dinosaur boxing bee smulation IN THE WORLD