[UPDATE: I created a post-compo version with sound effects, music, and a lot less enemies! http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46767238/KlikNPlay71_post_compo/index.html ]
Use your mouse to make your character (the green rectangle) run around the screen. Avoid the many, many Enemies (the red rectangles) - they will kill you if they touch you!
Click the left mouse button to shoot bullets (the pink rectangles) in the direction that you are moving. Bullets will kill Enemies they touch, and can kill many Enemies in a straight line! The faster your character is moving, the faster the bullets will fly!
Now Run Around And Kill Everything!!!
(This game requires that you have the Silverlight 2 web browser plug-in installed on your computer. This is a free, quick download from Microsoft).
This is my first ever entry into the Klik of the Month Klub.
I discovered (too late!) that because I have Windows 7 64-bit, I can not use the Klik N Play tool. Instead I made a game in Silverlight. Original version done in 90 minutes in time for the 2am (London time) deadline. Final version done 45 minutes later.
Here is my work log (in London time, so 00:00 midnight is 4pm Pacific time) :
00:18 Got home from party, and downloaded Klik & Play.
00:27 Searched for info on running KNP on 64-bit Windows. Found it will take hours to resolve. Looked for alternatives.
00:35 Decided to make a Silverlight game in 90 minutes! Made a copy of the barebones Engine2D_Test solution.
01:05 Player rectangle follows mouse cursor smoothly. Other rectangles follow player smoothly.
01:45 Enemies and bullets! Home stretch!
02:00 Submitted a few revisions of the game.
02:15 Submitted a few screenshots. Changed the game name to "Run Around And Kill Everything!". Added more tags.
02:40 Final refinements to gameplay completed, and game resubmitted.
Spoooooooky times ahead!
You're a vampire and you've just come to this village, looking to feed off the local populace and survive as long as you can. Avoid the police's bullets and create a vampire army to help distract the authorities, but make sure you leave yourself enough to eat!
- For each living person (cop or citizen) you eat, you get 100 points, plus a 50% health regeneration
- For each second you stay alive, you get 10 points
- You do not get points or health for eating vampires
- Press X to eat (drain the blood of) a living person or a vampire
- Press C to convert citizens or cops into vampires
- If a citizens are close to the site of a vampire (you or your another vampire) execution, one will be stirred to justice and become a cop
- Cops will chase and shoot at other vampires if they're close
- If vampires are hungry, they will eat cops or citizens when they meet them
- Every 15 seconds you stay alive, a new citizen will move into town
- Sometimes when a male and female citizen meet, they will have a new citizen! It's important to leave some citizens alive so they'll create new citizens and leave you with a supply of food
- Revamped map, including new lake and graveyard areas
- New icon, title screen, and sound effects
- Converted vampires are now more effective as distractions
- Cops no longer crowd into the same space, making it more possible to pick them off in groups
- Introduced visible genders
- Various invisible tweaks that make the game more interesting and fun to play!
Ghosts2.mid from Curlys Spooky Halloween Midi Music
A primitive bullet hell game! Avoid the other squares and survive as long as possible. There is an underlying pattern....
An abstract arcade game of violent, insect romance!
THE LAST WORD ON THE TITLE IS PHANTASMAGORIA
A 9999 HP BOSS
AND A CRAPTON OF BULLETS
HOLD Z AND PRAY FOR MERCY
You must be the ULTIMATE KUNG-FU master and DODGE ALL OF THE SHURIKENS. You have a HITBOX, USE IT WISELY. Also the Shurikens change direction and speed. ALSO BEWARE OF THE SHURIKEN ROCKETS.
fly your helicopter through the sky as it rains lasers! dodge stuff and get points for moving and flying close to the lasers. get hit three times and the game is over.
it was going to be much more intense of a game with a much bigger playing field than this, but as it stands multimedia fusion 1.5 supports only 300 or so objects on the playfield at once. also there's a glitch where the game will be set to maximum intensity from the start if you press control (or whatever your fire 2 is on a keyboard) to restart the game from the game over screen. i said screw it and decided it wasn't a bug, it was a feature.
See kids? This is why Asteroids and Danmaku don't mix.
And yes,this gets VERY,VERY hard.
a cover of "lets get this over with" by richard perrin, from the last pirate kart.
Stuck in a monochrome world, you must avoid confrontation with the silent mime inhabitants or face the imaginary consequences! Mimes will follow you and throw apples at you if you get too close. See how long you can last in this super realistic mime-avoiding simulation game!
Arrow keys: Move